- Ealing, London
- Victoria, London
- 0207 630 7390
- Clapham, London
- 020 7627 1096
- Seven Dials Café
- 020 7836 2982
- Soho, London
- 020 7439 2183
- Kensington, London
- 020 7376 0115
- Westfield, Stratford City
- 020 8555 5478
- Westfield, Shepherd’s Bush
- 020 8600 3320
- Soho Café
- 020 7439 3309
- Late Night Deliveries
- 020 7856 0598
Wearing Their Art On Their Sleeves For Charity.
So this is how the Secret 7″ campaign works:
1. Secret 7” is a totally brilliant initiative to raise much-needed funds for a variety of charitable organisations. This year they are supporting MIND, the mental health charity. They take 7 tracks from 7 well-known musicians and press each one 100 times to 7” vinyl. None of these tracks will have ever been pressed as a single before.
Featured songs this year include: ‘I Saved the World Today’ by The Eurythmics, ‘I’m Not Down’ by The Clash and ‘Lover You Should Have Come Over’ by Jeff Buckley.
2. Creative people from around the world* are then invited to interpret the tracks in their own style for every 7”.
*People like Sir Anish Kapoor, Sir Paul Smith, Jake & Dinos Chapman and Jeremy Deller, for example.
3. 700 unique sleeves are exhibited before going on sale on a first come, first served basis priced at £50 each to raise money.
No one knows who created the sleeve, or even which song it’s for until you’ve handed over your cash. It’s a secret.
An exhibition of all the artwork begins on the 8 – 23 June at The Jetty at Greenwich Peninsular.
On the 24th June there will be a Sale Day at which all the records will be sold. Get there early. It’s bound to be a bun fight.